armature n : coil in which voltage is induced by motion through a magnetic field
- The rotating part of an electric motor or dynamo, which mostly consists of coils of wire around a metal core.
- The moving part in an electromechanical device like a loudspeaker or a buzzer.
- A piece of soft steel or iron that connects the poles of a magnet
- A supporting framework in a sculpture.
- A protective organ, structure, or covering of an animal or plant, for defense or offense, like claws, teeth, thorns, or the shell of a turtle.
- Plural of armatura
Armature may refer to:
- Armature (computer animation), the kinematic chains used in computer animation to simulate the motions of virtual characters
- Armature (electrical engineering), one of the two principal electrical components of an electromechanical machine
- Armature (sculpture), a framework around which a sculpture is built
armature in Czech: Armatura
armature in French: Armature